The secret to being a successful entrepreneur is to adopt as many success-based habits as you possibly can. Here are the most important habits.
The habits of successful entrepreneurs are what set them apart from everyone else.
When they realize that their routines start accumulating positive effects, they begin to make them a non-negotiable in the running of their businesses.
And this actually works.
Did you know that what you do routinely has a huge impact on what you can be in the future?
Habit formation has been a topic of discussion in career psychology because it has positive implications on your work productivity and your level of prosperity.
It is, therefore, no wonder that the most successful business owners seem to be living out their best life while some people still struggle with the hustle.
If you have yet to adopt any success habits, you are going to love this. I have compiled a list of habits that you can easily implement to start living the life of your dreams— one that is not restricted by time and has more flexibility.
These are all habits that I have actually adopted in my own life to run a successful business.
100+ Secret Habits Of Successful Entrepreneurs You Can Copy
- Wake up early to start the day right.
- Allocate a few minutes for meditation upon waking.
- Script your day by writing down exactly how you want your day to go and feel the feelings of having it.
- Avoid checking your phone first thing in the morning.
- Set your alarm clock to wake you up but intend to wake up before your alarm clock.
- Make a stimulating herbal tea and savor your drink. You deserve this few minutes of uninterrupted drinking to stimulate your mind.
- Jot down the thoughts that come to your mind first thing in the morning. Let go of negative thoughts and reframe them into positive ones.
- Go for an hour of walking, jogging, cycling or other outdoor sport to get some fresh air.
- Exercise before working to stimulate brain activity.
- Block off time each day to disconnect from your internet activities.
- Turn off email and mobile notifications during your most productive hours.
- Attend to your communications at the scheduled time.
- Compartmentalize your daily schedule into workable intervals. Timestamp your day.
- At the end of every workday, clear your desk of clutter.
- Do one task at a time, and avoid multi-tasking.
- Plan all of your daily activities in advance.
- Keep your work organized. There should be a place for everything.
- Refrain from micromanaging your team. Hire only self-starters and individuals who can work independently.
- Delegate tasks to your team.
- Work on the tasks by order of urgency, but also trust your intuition.
- Start with the high-value priorities.
- Put off email correspondence and phone calls until their designated time block.
- Always say thank you to customers and team members.
- Stick to the plan, even when things get scary. Push through fear, but be guided to the right actions.
- Develop back up plans (plan B) but only ever work towards plan A.
- Keep a gratitude journal and write down things you are grateful for.
- Allocate a 30-minute block for reading every day.
- Take a 10-minute power nap to recharge during your less demanding hours.
- Set aside downtime to enjoy a little entertainment like watching TV and playing mind-stimulating games.
- Take a book with you whenever traveling for client meetings.
- Listen to podcasts during your free time.
- Listen to relaxing music while working on your desk.
- Listen to an audiobook during your breaks.
- Stretch your arms and legs occasionally as you work.
- Stay hydrated with a bottle or a glass of water on your desk.
- Eat when you are hungry.
- Avoid overindulging in meals to prevent the tendency of mid-afternoon slumps.
- Intend the outcome of every single task with love.
- Maintain a sleeping routine of 7-8 hours a day.
- Refrain from unhealthy vices such as smoking and heavy drinking.
- Set aside the weekends for personal and family time.
- Pursue your passion during the weekend.
- Practice a personal reward system each time you succeeded in hitting your business targets.
- Watch motivational speakers and TEDx shows to constantly upgrade your thinking.
- Track your progress by plotting your daily achievements on a graph. You can also use an app for this.
- Always be on time for appointments. Respect your time and other people’s.
- Enroll in online courses and always be learning new skills so you can keep helping people in new ways.
- Always be focused on how you can improve customer’s lives.
- Keep a journal to evaluate your progress at the end of the day.
- Group similar tasks into batches for easier execution.
- Schedule a weekly and monthly review to see the progress of the business.
- Write a bullet journal for easier referencing of tasks and progress.
- Create lists according to tasks or anything that concerns the business such as inventory list, to-do list, urgent list, etc.
- Create a beautiful working environment so you feel motivated at work. Add salt lamps and crystals to your desk to raise your energy.
- Use an essential oil diffuser to boost your immunity and energy while you are working.
- Participate in community events for reach-outs and networking.
- Plan your week in advance but don’t be afraid to change things if they don’t feel right.
- Always start the working day on time. Learning to trust yourself with your time and plans is one of the most important things you can do for your own success.
- Send “thank you” notes and emails to your clients. Say words of gratitude for each customer you have.
- Regularly create opportunities for your clients to buy from you.
- Spend some time planning your promotions for the upcoming month. Set goals and targets for your sales.
- Learn how to be a better leader.
- Improve your public speaking by practicing in front of the mirror.
- Eat a balanced diet and refrain from overindulging to stay fit.
- Improve your confidence by making tasks about other people, not yourself.
- Put away your mobile from your desk during working hours.
- Dress accordingly for your work depending on if anyone will see you. Wear what makes you feel amazing.
- Offer a helping hand to your employees whenever necessary.
- Don’t aim for perfection. Always intend that tasks will be good enough even if they aren’t perfect.
- Create systems and procedures for all regular tasks. Take the guesswork out of repetitive tasks.
- Decide which success rituals you are going to follow each and every day.
- Make sure you allocate time to spend with the important people in your life on a regular basis.
- Keep a goals board at home for inspiration.
- Add Post-It notes or mini blackboards to your desktop to remind you of important mantras.
- Segregate documents according to “tasks pending” and “accomplished”.
- Buy a treadmill desk if you have the space.
- Spend some time each day reading affirmations to get your brain geared up for success.
- Allocate a day each week for socializing.
- Allocate a day each week for nature trips.
- Give some of your time or your money to charity.
- Always invest a proportion of your income to grow your net worth.
- Always end the day by reviewing your achievements and congratulating yourself.
- Use productivity tools to speed up tasks.
- Only schedule meetings if you can’t get the job done any other way.
- End each day by planning tomorrow’s tasks.
- Set aside one day per month for planning.
- Set aside one day per month for managing your finances and recording your stats.
- Allocate time for meditative yoga.
- Create a timeline for all tasks within a week or month.
- Give out freebies to your clients.
- Set aside free time before and after appointments to avoid stress.
- Consult a mentor or coach for professional advice regularly.
- Allocate some time each day for self-care activities.
- Set aside a schedule for training team members on new tasks and skills.
- Read business biographies for inspiration.
- Clear your inbox on a daily basis.
- When doing your emails, either delete, delegate, diarize, or deal with each email.
- Use a project management system like Trello and keep communications within your team to that system.
- Read business books regularly.
- Reflect on the workday and jot down your thoughts.
- Always make a list of things you are grateful for every day.
- Plan your day based on your goals.
- Do your most important goal-based task first.
- Play memory-enhancing games in your free time, and especially before going to bed.
- Focus on your work one task at a time, and according to the level of difficulty, prioritize the ones that will have the greatest impact.
- Read spiritual books or books on manifesting or the law of attraction on a regular basis to keep your mindset in the right place.
- Create a room for ambient light in your office. Light produces feelings of positivity while working.
- Leave the work behind once the working hours you’ve set have passed.
- Transfer the unfinished tasks for tomorrow’s workload instead of returning home to finish them.
- Always believe your success is inevitable and you are always on the right path.
Now that you’ve got the tools you need to get your mind in the right place for success, now you might be looking for the right tools your online business needs for success? I have a free gift for you that will give you all the tools that I used to create a six-figure blog.
This FREE goal planner will help you set the 3 ESSENTIAL GOALS that all successful business need, TRACK YOUR DAILY PROGRESS and PLAN YOUR IDEAL DAY, week, month, quarter and year.
To recap, the habits of successful entrepreneurs are worth imitating not because they worked for these individuals, but because the routines they’ve set are aligned with the end goal of maintaining a healthy work-life balance.
As we race against time, it really does matter how we utilize it in the accomplishment of our business goals without neglecting other life duties.
While it is the mindset that “starts” everything, it is the habit formation that will keep your business running smoothly and successfully.
Related Resources You Will Love
I used to struggle with this too until I learned the real secret to getting enough clients in your business.
Customers can sense desperate energy, so the best thing you can do to attract clients is to feel absolute certainty that the right customers will come to you.
This is easier said than done so I've created something that will help you super fast. This guided meditation will help you attract more clients and customers on a continuous basis to your business.
Click here to download your free copy.
Please subscribe to my YouTube channel for strategies that help you make money from your blog and get more work done: Click here to subscribe.
Follow Me On Pinterest to see my new blog posts here.
Follow Me On Instagram to get my daily affirmations and motivating quotes here.
- How To Use A Bullet Journal For Goal Setting And Tracking - July 16, 2020
- How To Start A Simple Bullet Journal: 5 Easy Steps - July 14, 2020
- 14 Goal Setting Books That Got Me Get Big Results In Business - July 9, 2020