Here is one tool you can use to decide which goals to set in a matter of minutes. You won’t believe how easy it is to create an Opposites List.
When I ask most people what they want for their business, they often say something vague like make more money or get more customers. Most people are not clear about what it is they want.
This activity will begin the process of helping you to understand some of your desires for your business.
I find the easiest way to help people understand what they DO want in their business is to ask them what they DON’T want.
It is much easier for the brain to recognize what it doesn’t want than to understand what it does want. That’s because our conscious brains are wired to protect us and keep us safe so the main goal of our conscious brains is to give us signals that things aren’t right so we can take action to avoid them.
This is why you are more likely to hear people in this world moaning rather than being grateful.
So we’re going to take advantage of that brain that lovingly tells us things we don’t want and we’re going to take the next step of the process that most people don’t have the confidence to take, and that is to change the negatives into positives.
So that’s exactly what we’re going to do right now.
I’ll show you how to create an opposites list and then give you some examples.
- What you need to do to create an opposite list is to first answer the following questions:
- What struggles do you have with earning enough revenue?
- What frustrates you the most about your business?
- What is holding you back from success in your business?
- What takes up too much of your time in your business?
- What limitations do you have with your mindset?
- What work are you putting off because you don’t have enough time?
- What problems do you have in your business at the moment?
- Why isn’t your business successful right now?
Now we’re going to take the answers to these questions and write the complete opposite to them. This will give you more of an idea of what kind of things you actually want for your business.
This FREE goal planner will help you set the 3 ESSENTIAL GOALS that all successful business need, TRACK YOUR DAILY PROGRESS and PLAN YOUR IDEAL DAY, week, month, quarter and year.
Here are some examples of answers to the questions.
- I am struggling to earn enough revenue because I haven’t created anything to sell yet.
- My business isn’t earning any money yet.
- I feel like things are moving really slowly. When I publish new blog posts I’m not seeing much traffic back to my website.
- I have a very small email list so nobody to market to.
- It takes me too much time to create images and formatting blog posts.
- That I am self-conscious about the way I look and sound so I am resisting doing videos.
- I am resisting doing videos as they are too time-consuming.
- My problem is that I don’t have much of an audience so I’m working hard but nobody is consuming my content.
- I’m not sure of exactly what strategy I should be following right now for success.
- I don’t have the funds to run paid ads at the moment.
Here is an example of how you can reframe the negative answers and turn them into positive desires.
I suggest that when you do this, you write the answers as if you are 1 year in the future and looking back on your previous success. This helps to convince the mind to bring these changes into reality.
- I have written a best selling book to help business owners improve their mindset.
- I earned over $10,000 last month and every month my revenue increases more and more.
- My traffic is increasing so fast. Whenever I publish new blog posts, my traffic soars. I now have over 100,000 page views per month.
- My email list is growing exponentially and now has over 10,000 people on my list.
- I have a virtual assistant who formats all my blog posts and a graphic designer who creates all my images.
- I embrace the way I look and sound and I know that my ideal clients don’t care what I look like because I provide so much helpful information to them.
- I get faster and faster at doing videos and find it much easier to create a video than a blog post. I then am able to get my videos transcribed into blog posts which saves me so much time.
- My audience is growing rapidly and I now have a total of 100,000 followers across my social media accounts.
- When I meditated and got clear on what is right for me, I found it so easy to follow my purpose.
- Every time I put $1 into paid ads, I get $2 back in revenue. Every day I try to spend as much money as I can on paid ads as I always get more back in return.
Grab a notebook and answer the questions above. Then re-write the answers by writing down the opposite of the negative answer and put it into the past tense as it has already happened.
Now that you’ve got everything you need to get your mind in the right place for success with your goals, you might be looking for the right tools to set your goals and actually achieve them? I have a free gift for you that you’re going to love. For a limited time, I am giving away the planner that I use to set goals for my six-figure blog.
Creating an opposites list will help you decide exactly what you want in your business in just a few minutes of journaling time. You can then use these desires to write your goals. See how to set your STAMP goals here.
You can also use this technique for any area of your life, not just for business. This is also a great exercise to walk people through who enjoy a good moan and aren’t naturally positive thinkers.
Goal setting is a massive passion of mine, and I have many more posts and videos to help you reach your goals so stick around and see what else I can help you with by checking out the links below.Are you freaking out about your business right now? Let me help you. Stop the panic and refocus your business and mindset to suit the current climate with my FREE 3-day e-course, MAP Keep Calm And Focus On Your Goals.
Please subscribe to my YouTube channel for strategies that help you make money from your blog and get more work done: Click here to subscribe.
Like My Facebook Page here.
Follow Me On Pinterest here.
Follow Me On Instagram here.
- 100+ Morning Routine Ideas For A Successful Day - May 22, 2020
- How To Motivate Yourself To Work On Your Dreams (100+ Ways) - May 21, 2020
- 30 Goal Setting Words Explained: Vocabulary Definition List - May 20, 2020