These journal writing prompts will help you write your way to success in business by changing your mindset, and getting more done in less time.
Some of the most successful people I know have an interesting way to exercise the right mindset towards work: by spending time using journal prompts to increase their productivity.
Unknown to the majority of entrepreneurs, especially the budding start-ups, there’s more to journaling than just jotting down the to-do list and organizing work schedules.
In a nutshell, journaling your thoughts helps you reflect on things, particularly those that concern your work ethics and business practices.
By contemplating on the past performances and new milestones achieved, you unlock the grounding influence of journaling that helps you function better without increasing your working hours.
To help you get started, here’s a list of 100-plus prompts I have accumulated over time that I’m now sharing with you.
- What does productivity look like to you?
- What gives you an impression of a productive day?
- Which office items help you get the most tasks done in less time?
- Do you see yourself doing away with micromanaging your team?
- Which apps are you using to help you track work progress?
- How does your routine affect your business performance?
- What kind of productivity do you prefer: quantity or quality? How do you achieve a perfect balance?
- When was the last time you felt stressed out because of the piling workload? How did you cope?
- Are you open to delegating tasks to your team?
- Which tasks need your direct supervision and why?
- Which tasks are routinely performed?
- Which tasks take most of your time and why?
- What do you do whenever you feel unmotivated?
- What is your top priority for this workday?
- When is the last time you felt pressured by a looming deadline?
- Which organization skills do you find easy to cultivate?
- What kind of tasks do you hate the most?
- What are the top three distractions at your work?
- What are the tools you use to track business flow?
- When was the last time you missed a deadline?
- How do you deal with last-minute changes?
- How did you perform last quarter?
- Name five people who inspired you to work smart.
- Reflect on an obstacle you hurdled today.
- Do you function better with coffee?
- How do you set your goals?
- Which tasks make you procrastinate?
- Which tasks could wait until a later time?
- What could be the reason why you’re prone to procrastination? How do you plan to change it?
- Do you have to be online most of the time?
- Which social media apps are eating up your time?
- Reflect on a time you missed a deadline and ended up failing to achieve a quota. How do you intend to improve business results?
- Do you work well with a team assisting you?
- Reflect on a time you postponed a meeting due to a conflict of schedule. What can you learn from it?
- How does client feedback affect your work/business performance?
- When was the last time you spent an important family event?
- How does it feel to accomplish more in less time?
- How does it feel to have more time for family?
- Do you prefer online or email correspondence?
- How do you allot time for each of your tasks?
- How often do you need to brainstorm with your team?
- When is the last time you delivered a task on a delayed schedule?
- What do you think makes you more productive than the rest of the entrepreneurs in your niche?
- What convinces you to work smart instead of working hard?
- Is there any particular technology that makes your work a lot easier?
- How would you respond to an urgent task/client call?
- Do you experience muscle pains or overfatigue due to work?
- What doctor’s advice do you follow with regard to your work routine?
- If you have five minutes to spare, which task would you tackle first thing in the workweek?
- What do you want the new generation of entrepreneurs to learn from your business practices?
- What kind of music sets your mood for work?
- Does the ambiance of your office affect your work disposition and productivity level?
- If you could slash off one routine from your daily grind, what would it be?
- Would you be more productive if you do your tasks at home?
- What exactly do you want to accomplish this month?
- Do you still have free time outside of work?
- How would you like to spend your day off?
- How can you minimize distractions at work?
- Do you work better under time pressure?
- Do you perform better if the working hours are flexible?
- Do you strive for perfection or do you prefer acceptable?
- Why are you spending most of your time on a particular task?
- How does the lighting in your office affect your mood?
- Do you feel pressured to top your recent achievement?
- Do you feel uncertain about a task?
- How do you handle failures at work?
- Do you start from a template or from the scratch?
- Which habits are negatively affecting your productivity?
- Do you tend to maximize your time at work?
- Do you react negatively against urgent matters?
- Are you satisfied with your previous performance or do you want to outdo it?
- Do you enjoy what you do for a living?
- What drives you to perform better at your business?
- What are your biggest inspirations for working hard?
- Do you adhere to schedule to the dot or prefer to adjust whenever possible?
- What can you do to avoid piling workload?
- Have you talked with someone about using cost-efficient equipment?
- Do you work better at a different time?
- What are the things that remind you to slow down once in a while?
- Have you experienced being overworked that you called in sick?
- What are your thoughts about outsourcing tasks?
- Who do you need to be productive for?
- Do you use anti-stress toys at work?
- How do you invigorate your mind at work?
- What are the hobbies that you used to enjoy after work?
- Do you feel the need to outperform your competitors?
- Are you a multi-tasker or a focused worker?
- How much do you depend on others to get the work done?
- How do you deal with long-term routines?
- Why did you build your own business in the first place?
- What prevents you from achieving your top performance?
- Which items in your office need to be upgraded for better productivity?
- What did you learn from your recent work blunder?
- How much money do you want to make in less time?
- Are you comfortable with getting a business partner to help you with tasks?
- Describe a typical work week for you. Which tasks do you think can be done efficiently?
- What triggers your motivation at work?
- What do you want to accomplish if you’re only given five hours a day?
- How does an office renovation sound like to you? Should you try it to improve productivity?
- When are you most productive: in the morning or late in the evening?
- What do you want to achieve out of a particular routine task?
- If you could trade procrastination with one of your key work assets, what would it be?
- Do you have a fear of underperforming?
- How fulfilling have you felt from a recent task accomplished?
- If you can do things differently, how would like to start?
- If you have one remaining task that takes most of your time, how would you tackle it?
Now that you’ve got the tools you need to get your mind in the right place for success, now you might be looking for the right tools your online business needs for success? I have a free gift for you that will give you all the tools that I used to create a six-figure blog.
Indeed, these thought-provoking journal prompts will have you reflecting on your work performance to reassess your options for increasing productivity in your business.
FREE MANIFESTATION BOARD PACK
From this one pack (valued at $29), you can create both a vision board, and an achievement board to help you feel good about what you've already achieved, and manifest even more.
Your results improve when you track them, and when you intend them. This pack helps you do both.
They serve as your guides for when you decide to work smart instead of hustling all day.
Since there’s more to life than just being successful in business, I hope this list of journal prompts for productivity will inspire you to come up with ideas on how to work efficiently and make time for what truly matters.
Related Resources You Will Love
- 100+ Journal Prompts For Gratitude: Attract More Success
- 100+ Journal Prompts For Productivity: Supercharge Your Day
- How To Choose A Transformational Habit For Your Movement - July 29, 2021
- How To Start A Movement [THE COMPLETE GUIDE] 5 Steps To Massive Business Growth - July 28, 2021
- How I Reached 28 Million People By Starting A Movement Online - July 22, 2021